Re: [OM] Bokeh & macro lenses as portrait lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Bokeh & macro lenses as portrait lenses
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:02:03 -0700
Maybe it would fit a screw mount Pentax after all. The famous table my be wrong. I measure the OD of the threads on the lens at 41.9 mm and the ID of the threads on the camera at 40.6. Measuring the ID on the front of a 50/1.8 and the front of a 49mm filter, I get 48.1 and 48.2 mm and the OD of the filter threads is 48.7. By analogy, it would appear the lens thread is 42 mm and it may be a standard M42 thread.

"Hey", I think, "Didn't I get an off brand Pent*x screw mount lens just for the case some time ago? Now where might that be?" Well, I found it in the photo odds and ends drawer in the basement and guess what? The table is wrong. This Practiflex FX is an M42 mount. Now I'm more intrigued by this lens. It has a little dust inside, is 'T' coated and the glass is perfect. Which Pent*x or other brand M42 screw mount camera is most similar to an OM-1 or 2? Or simply interesting and cheap?

Looks like you wouldn't need any epoxy, Walt, so I'm sure you wouldn't be interested :-) . Maybe you'll get it in the end, but I'm going to mess around further.

Moose

Walt Wayman wrote:

Shame about the Jena Tessar. Send it to me and I'll epoxy it on one of my old Spotmatic bodies, both of which still work.