[OM] OT: Epson Perfection 3200 scanner test results

Subject: [OM] OT: Epson Perfection 3200 scanner test results
From: VS <VS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 19:06:24 +1000
[ For those that have Perfection 2450 and/or are thinking of buying a
  scanner but can't quite stretch to a dedicated transparency scanner. ]

Test system configuration:

Dell Inspiron 2100 notebook
Processor:    PIII 700MHz
Memory:       256MB
Disk:         20GB IDE ATA-33
Interfaces:   USB 1.1 built-in,
              IEEE1394 (Firewire) 400Mbps PCMCIA card

(Yes, a bit aged, but wonderfully packaged)

All files were saved in uncompressed TIFF format.

Time to scan includes positioning the scanner head, the actual scan pass
and file saving.

Software was set to 48-bit color or 16-bit grayscale, depending on the
subject.
No filters were used while scanning.
Vuescan was set to a single pass scanning, no color adjustments.