Re: [OM] OM-4T +/- display blinks

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4T +/- display blinks
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 18:26:56 +0200
I had a 4, which did that too. I too asked on the list, and was
comforted that if the asa dial is set correctly, then the meter works
as anticipated - and the flashing +/- was just something in the
viewfinder.

Well, the camera did work fine and the meter never failed - but I was
offered a good price for it, and decided to let it go. I don't think
that my current 4 has this problem, but if it did, I would not worry
too much.

--thomas

On Tue, 13 May 2003 10:04:17 +0100
Giles <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My 4Ti has exhibited this behaviour for years.  Doesn't seem to be
> any problem.
>
> Giles
>

> >The one thing that really doesn't seem right is that the "+/-"
> >thing in the display, which indicates the exposure comp dial is,
> >well, either + or -.  This "+/-" thing flashes periodically when
> >the exposure comp dial is not even in play.  It doesn't stay on,
> >it just flashes a few times.  The exposure comp dial appears to
> >work perfectly (judging from my use of it to shoot brackets).
> >
> >Anyone have any experience with this little behavior?  Thanks for
> >any help.
> >
> >Joel W.

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)