Re: [OM] OM 2S meter on the blink. Fixable or RIP?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 2S meter on the blink. Fixable or RIP?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 00:45:11 -0400
At 00:16 5/19/03, Bill Barber wrote (in part):
Replaced the batteries with really fresh ones and guess what? It is working like a champ. Guess it was the voodoo dolls, chicken bones and chants or maybe just fresh batteries. In any event it is back up and running, now all I need to do is go burn some film. Dropped 5 rolls of baby bird pictures at the night drop early this morning. Hope to be doing wild flowers new Colorado Springs next weekend. Any suggestions for locations from the list? Bill Barber

I've had stale 357 cells before and *always* carry spare sets of them for the OM-2S and OM-4. I also replace them in the OM-2S after two weddings (about 14-16 hours continuous duty with green LED running). They'd run longer than that, likely about four weddings with TTL mode flash running continuously but I won't risk shutter lock-up at a critical moment; the cells are cheap compared to the potential consequences. Most users don't leave a dedicated flash turned on continuously for hours at a time.

Can't help you with the locations. A few weeks late in the season for most wild-flowers around here although they vary by species.

-- John