Re: [OM] scanning questions

Subject: Re: [OM] scanning questions
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 14:46:13 -0400
Cc: <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Best of luck, Mike.  In my experience, there's NO primer available.  As you
know, the list can't agree on any topic at all- not even
how to clean a front element.  I couldn't find a book at Barnes and Noble on
this topic either.  It seems to me that I have to make
my own tools (like a grey scale card) and figure it all out for myself.

Worse, the preview in the scanner software doesn't match anything else.  It
shows me the corrections but then scans without them.

My $300 film scanner seems to be really wacky.  The manual is the worst mess
I've ever seen.  By the time I rule everything else out
and decide it's the scanner, it will probably be out of warranty.  Hmmmmm,
maybe I'm on to something.....

Lama