Re: [OM] OT List Curmudgeons

Subject: Re: [OM] OT List Curmudgeons
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 13:21:44 -0700
Walt Wayman wrote:

In fact, Moose, I suspect we may have a more in common than you might think.
:-)

Your suspicion is reciprocated.

I know 'folks is folks' regardless of background or location, and you strike me as 'good people'. I've had good friends who were fully certified Southern good ol' boys. The gracious Bill Dodge was a 'coon and 'possum huntin' gentleman from rural Arkansas who lived in Little Rock. It really is a small rock, too, as, I gather, is Plymouth Rock. Another friend was from Wiggins, Mississippi, "just up the road ta Biloxi", as he used to say, although I don't know how to spell the way he pronounced Biloxi. Both gone now, one to age and the other to drugs and alcohol.

Then there was that ol' gal from Chattanooga. Oh boy! Doctorate in Psychology and built like Dolly P. Didn't last though, I'm a bit too down to earth and uninvolved with appearances for a Southern Lady and her life revolves around a mother who's going to live to 120. A fine woman who taught me a lot about the South. Chattanooga is a fine place, even if they do call hills mountains around there ;-) . I'd swear the BBQ is better than in Memphis, too. Still got my baseball cap from Bones. They claim to have great BBQ at some places around here, but they lying.

Walt, hunkering down to wait for the knock at the door.

Timpe, Jim wrote:

Do you hear the clapping of the chopper blades overhead yet?

We haven't had those here since the old days of the Free Speech Movement and People's Park demonstrations. The topography of Berkeley is such that the campus is backed up against tall hills* where I now live. The Police/Highway Patrol/Military helicopters were flying around at or below the level where I live now. I was amazed that some crazy with a deer rifle didn't just shoot one down.

A ramblin' Moose

*High points over 1000 feet, but we call 'em hills here 'cause there are real mountains nearby.