Re: [OM] zuiko 50f1.2 question and Eugene Richards

Subject: Re: [OM] zuiko 50f1.2 question and Eugene Richards
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 16:01:05 EDT
In a message dated 5/28/03 10:18:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
thomu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I picked up somewhere that Eugene Richards was or is working with an
>  OM camera and the famous 21f2 lens. Anybody knows anything more
>  specific or could recommend some reading material about him.

Hi Thomas,
In 1995, Popular Photography reviewed Eugene Richard's book "Cocaine True
Cocaine Blue" and also interviewed Richards. In the interview, Richards
indicated
that he used small, lightweight, camera bodies. An offer at the end of the
article allowed readers to obtain the complete interview. It is in the complete
interview that Richards stated that the Olympus 21mm is the "greatest (lens)
I've used". He also stated that Olympus bodies were fragile and what he wanted
was a "small, no nonsense, strong body".  He also used a 24mm on a Canon F1,
but almost all of the pictures were taken with the Oly 21mm. Other books worth
looking for by Richards are: "Americans We", "The Knife and Gun Club", and
"Living Below the Poverty Line". An early book on the Arkansas Delta is reputed
to be very good, but impossible to find. His latest book is called "Stepping
Through the Ashes". In the picture credits for "Ashes..", Richards thanks
Canon. For what it's worth, the picture quality in "Ashes .." is no where near
as
good as "Cocaine True..." Serves him right to abandon Oly.

Gary Faulkenberry