Re: [OM] what ails my 4T ?

Subject: Re: [OM] what ails my 4T ?
From: Kennedy McEwen <rkm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 22:42:18 +0100
In article , John Hudson <13874@xxxxxxxxxx> writes

- ------=_NextPart_000_00F4_01C344A4.7B08B780

Two or three weeks ago my 4T took sick.

Exposures in auto mode or in spot mode became uniformly 1 1/2 stops over =
exposed. Exposures in manual mode having determined the correct exposure =
with a Sekonic 508 became uniformly 1 stop under exposed. [The correct =
ISO is set on camera and the plus / minus dial is set at zero]

This weekend it got really sick:

When the lever was turned to battery check mode, the camera either =
emitted:

a continuous high frequency sound, or

an intermittent slightly less high frequency sound with about five =
pulses per second, or

a warbling sound comprising a mix of both previous sounds.

When taking a few photo on manual having set the exposure with a hand =
meter I experienced the following:

The shutter went into delayed action mode as if I had set the self timer =
and the shutter fired after about ten seconds, or

The shutter opened but did not close [resolved by removing the battery, =
turning the lever from auto thru manual and back again several times, =
and applying slight pressure on the shutter release button, or

the camera fired as normal but the battery check sound came on =
continuously but at about 500f normal continuous volume [same =
resolution as above].

Has anyone experienced ailments like the above?

I assume there is an electronic circuitry problem and I am in need of a =
CLA.

I am sure you have checked, but try a fresh set of batteries - many of these are classic low battery symptoms.
--
Kennedy
Python Philosophers