RE: [OM] True, or just BS? (Effect of lost lens coating)

Subject: RE: [OM] True, or just BS? (Effect of lost lens coating)
From: "C.H.Ling-Accura" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 10:28:37 +0800
I also believe lossing of coating on back or front element will cause
similar effect but may be in most case you will only get a small area
coating off so with same area on front and rear element the effect on front
lens will be less as the front glass is much larger.

On the other hand I can't agree with the flare and ghosts, if you wear
glasses you will know, a non coated glasses will have very high flare and
ghosts in severe backlight situation and it is only one element, right? Ok,
today most glasses are coated and you will not notice this.

C.H.Ling