Re: [OM] In search of non-flat scenes

Subject: Re: [OM] In search of non-flat scenes
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:21:47 EDT
Schnozz,
If you're planning on going to Mesa Verde, I would check the NPS Web site
first or call Mesa Verde and speak to one of the park rangers. Mesa Verde
reopened in late July after suffering through another fire. You might also
explore
the Lowery Ruins and Hovenweep that are just north of Cortez, Colorado and very
close to the Four Corners region.  If areas like Silverton appeal to you and
your family, it's an easy drive of about 1-1/2 hours from Cortez. The weather
is cooler in Silverton and of course the opportunity to 4 wheel and explore is
nearly limitless in the Silverton area. It's not flat there for sure! My
family and I were in Durnago, Colorado, in late July for our yearly family
visit.
The above mentioned areas are places I still enjoy despite numerous visits.
PS
You might also explore old mines. Some are opened for tours and are fun to
photograph. I hope to finally get my slides back today that my daughter and I
took in one of the walk through mines.

Gary Faulkenberry