[OM] 120J ttl/OM4T

Subject: [OM] 120J ttl/OM4T
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 21:15:01 -0500
I have the 120J TTL and the appropriate module. I've never tried to use it
in the fast synch mode, because it is never mentioned in the papers that
came with the stuff (purchased new, so I think I got all there was to be
had). That ability was never listed in the Sunpak info, either. Guess I
could try, although when I need that ability, I use the 'blad anyway.

I would speculate that the TTL model was made at a time when the demise of
the OM system probably seemed more imminent that it turned out, so the R&D
effort was considered not productive.

I do have both standard and TTL modules. I find in some situations that the
sensor on the strobe provides more reliable exposures than TTL mode. I find
this to be the case with other makes as well, and I've heard shooters that
do a lot of strobe work that they find this to be the case as well.

Don't know why, though.

Bill Pearce