Re: [OM] Re: Back seal for Epic

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Back seal for Epic
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 21:06:52 -0500
It's strange that the manual says I should replace the "gaskets" (plural) every
3 years but Oly America doesn't have anything like a
"GASKET SET".  It's literally not possible to follow the maintenance schedule
unless you count replacing the door assembly.

I guess I have to read these posts aloud after I edit as a proof-reading
measure.  What I meant earlier was:

From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu"

> Hi Clint,

> I bought my Epic from an ebay seller who said it had a light leak.  That's
> what lead me to the manual.  The manual refers to
"gaskets" (plural) three times.  I'm hearing
> that the film cartridge GASKET is the only one that's available for purchase.
>  If I had it to do again I'd just make a home-brew
seal for
> the cart.  (Are you reading this, Brian?)

>The picture is labeled "X" and the text ambiguously says,
>
> "Rubber gaskets are located inside the rear of the camera.  Check the gaskets
> for wear and carefully remove any sand and dust to
maintain a weatherproof seal... <edited out the 1st 3 bullet points.  The 4th
bullet continues> The gaskets should be replaced after
approximately three years, although they may require replacement earlier than
that depending on