Re: [OM] Film developing database?

Subject: Re: [OM] Film developing database?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 06:08:21 +0000
Thanks Walt (for both bits of advice ;-)). I should have looked on Ilford's site first...

Chris

On 4 Jan 2004 , at 19:04, Walt Wayman wrote:

Just develop everything in D-76 diluted 1:1 at 70 deg. F. for 10
minutes.  Works for me.

Of course, I'm kidding, but that's not too far from being good
advice.  Actually, I still refer to my March 1970 edition of the
Amphoto Lab Handbook.  It's amazing how little has changed since
then -- same developers, same film.  There have been subtle
improvements in both, but the old directions still seem spot on.

But that doesn't answer your question, and I can't help with a
database.  However, most of the manufacturers of developers
(except Kodak, which pretends there's no film but their own) give
times and temps for lots of different emulsions on their
websites.  That might be a good place to start.

Walt
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.