[OM] Re: Monza photos

Subject: [OM] Re: Monza photos
From: Andrew L Wendelborn <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 22:54:36 +1030
At 7:09 PM -0800 2004.01.30, Moose wrote:
>Ah yes, more mysterious. I recently upgraded to Netscape 7.1 from 7.0,
>perhaps that is the difference. Lettering is white in IE6 and black in
>the Compuserve browser. Guess I'll have to find a way to force it white
>everywhere, but I know very little about HTML.

I don't really either, but having a deep mistrust of most HTML generators,
which seem endlessly capable of producing illegible garbage, I usually write it
manually (with the help of an editor that recognizes HTML tag structures).

Anyway, in your case  <http://www.geocities.com/dreammoose/garden/index.htm>,
looking at the source for the page, the text colour is set in the "body" tag
as  text="#F7EEEE", which is not white (FFFFFF), but "nearly white" (97%
red, 93% green, 93% blue, in fact).

This is not a standard web colour -- when I feed F7EEEE into a colour picker set
for web colours, it turns it into FFFFFF (white), but I guess it's possible
that some browsers do it differently.

So if you can contrive to make the text colour pure white, maybe you'll
have better luck. If you can edit the HTML, just put text="white". Or
confirm in Photoshop that the colour is really white before you generate
the HTML.

Of course I may be utterly wrong. HTML is a bit of a black art.

regards
  Andrew