[OM] Re: Quick Auto 310 flash

Subject: [OM] Re: Quick Auto 310 flash
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 14:49:52 -0800 (PST)
Cc: stelge@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I bought a Quick Auto 310 flash lately and I ask anyone who might know. Does it
permit TTL Auto
exposute with the OM-4 or the OM-4T?
<<

Hi Stylianos,
              there is no adapter from the Q310 to Tseries flash connection
pinouts, so you would
have to make an adapter or cutup an Fseries flash cable to make a connection to
the Q310. In
theory this should work as the Q310 trigger signal and quench signal are
compatible with the
Tseries, which will work with OM4/T. You would not get auto setting of the
camera to 1/60, as that
requires the flash ready signal from the flash, which the Q310 does not
produce.  You would have
to make sure the displayed auto selected speed was under 1/60 to allow it to
trigger the flash,
just as you do when using the OM2.

Regards,
Tim Hughes