[OM] Re: what to take with you when you jump ship

Subject: [OM] Re: what to take with you when you jump ship
From: iwert <zuiko@xxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 21:13:56 +0100
If I would jump ship, with just one body and lens to keep - difficult,
difficult, I'ld keep my first OM, a black OM2n, with the 35 MC shift.

The OM2n, because it seems more "repairable" than an OM3 or 4Ti, and because
it has auto. I would miss the spot metering, but I have learned alot from
the 4. The screen would be a 2-4. The 35 MC shift because it is the ideal
travel lens to me. I can get to corners and perspectives easily, even when
crowded. I can almost look around the corner with it. and there two more
directions to play with.

If I could keep two bodies, the OM3Ti would be the next to keep, just
because of its beauty, combined with the 35-80.

But my guess is I will keep "one of each" OM1n - OM2n - 0M3Ti - OM4Ti for
the bodies, and the lenses would be: 8f2.8 - 21f2 - 24shift - 35shift - 40f2
- 50f1.2 - 90f2 - 100f2 - 35-80f2.8 and 50-250f5, this for the time until a
good fulfilling, reasonably priced compact dslr with shift possibilities
comes along, and that will be still some time!

That said, I'ld have to thin out to come to this set, because I'm hopelessly
zuikoholic...

Iwert.

on 09-02-2004 19:49, gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at