[OM] Re: ( OM ) 35~105 Tokina seen FS

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM ) 35~105 Tokina seen FS
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:56:07 +1030
I have one of these, sticky aperture & all, sitting in a drawer in
pieces. I flush cleaned it once with white spirits (lighter fluidy type
stuff) already & it worked OK for a while, but the oil continues to
migrate out of the rest of the mechanism... caveat emptor!

I guess I need to bite the bullet & continue disassembly, it may be
worth it!!

one thing I did find interesting about it was that once I picked the
perspective distortion (close up on a door frame) using the 35mm end,
zooming in to 105, the distortion remained- anyone else noticed this?
maybe it's just me!!

davidt  (oops,  my post is almost on-topic this time...!)