[OM] 65-116 versions

Subject: [OM] 65-116 versions
From: "Adam Long" <adamlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 17:53:05 -0000
With spring on the way I'm thinking of upgrading my macro gear and have been
doing a little research into the 65-116 tube. The e-sif says earlier versions
just have markings for the 80/4 and 135/4.5 lens heads, whilst the later ones
add the 38 and 20 too. This seems to make sense, as the short lens heads
weren't redesigned for auto operation until later. However the OM literature
I've got (OM1n & OM4ti brochures and instructions) seem to show the opposite.
The tube with markings for all lenses only appears in an early 1982 OM1
brochure, from before the later macro gear was released. Later pics all show
just two scales. Anyone know any more??
I'd been hoping to get a tube with 80/4 to start, then get a 38/2.8 for the
really small stuff, so it'd make sense to get the tube with all the scales.
However they seem to be much rarer, and now I'm wondering if the scales won't
be for the earlier 38/3.5 and 20/3.5 anyway. Hope the wisdom of the list can
help!
Cheers,
Adam