[OM] Re: Lets see if I have this correct about OM glass and E-1 cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: Lets see if I have this correct about OM glass and E-1 cameras
From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 02:40:03 +0100
Correct apart from the "preset". Think "count clicks" instead, as there is
(actually unforgivably) no preset functionality on the adaptor, and of
course the lenses don't have anything except the DOF button, which is not
practical for the purpose, being sprung (and should be disabled by the
adaptor like it is by manual tubes).
It would have been be quite easy to arrange a presetting collar on the
adaptor. Maybe you'd be better off waiting to see if Tamron make a better
job of it if they produce an E1 adaptall.

Now, someone please tell me I've misunderstood the Oly statements and that
the adaptor is really "preset", not "stop down" as published.

Julian