[OM] Re: Authenticity

Subject: [OM] Re: Authenticity
From: "Graham Battison" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:09:53 +0100
From: "Peter Klein" <pklein@xxxxxxxxxx>

http://www.snopes.com/message/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/60/t/000595.html

> The original picture:  http://www.geebeephoto.com/temp/Garden_sign.html
>
> Graham:
<snip>
> Want to *really* want to have some fun with these digital experts?  Make a
> scan of the negative strip with a flatbed, so it shows the Deflowered
> Garden Sign picture along with its neighbors, and includes the film
> perforations, frame numbers, etc.  Borrow a flatbed if you have to--this
is
> worth it.
>
> Post this digital "contact sheet," with absolutely no curve alteration or
> anything else, at as high a resolution as you can afford (in terms of Web
> space).  > --Peter, in a subversive mood today.
------------------
Hi Peter,

I did consider posting the whole thing with frame numbers and sprocket holes
to convince the doubters but then I would be putting up a high resolution
version for anyone to steal and to date, in terms of visits, it is my most
successful shot ever.

Bottom line is I know its real and my 'new' 35-80mm delivered a shot of a
quality that for some is 'too good' to be real. I consider that more of a
compliment than an insult.  I have just collected some more to scan from
that lens and they are looking pretty good too :-)

Thanks for looking.

--Graham