[OM] I, Zuiko?

Subject: [OM] I, Zuiko?
From: Ross Orr <voxbongo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:16:01 -0400
I was interested in the comments here that it's really the E/F/G
Zuiko designation which indicates an older single-coated lens, not a
silver nose.

The thought had crossed my mind that this naming scheme would get a
little unwieldy when you got to zooms with up to 16 elements! (P.
Zuiko, anyone?) But the idea is that the Zooms were always
multicoated and just labeled "Zuiko"?

What was the highest letter ever used in designating an older
single-coat lens? Were there ever H or I Zuikos?

cheers,

  -- Ross