[OM] Re: Okay, Let's talk about vacation spots...

Subject: [OM] Re: Okay, Let's talk about vacation spots...
From: "Wilcox, Joel F" <joel-wilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 21:52:09 -0500
Hi Chris,

Actually, I have no idea, really.  I think they are pretty slow. :(

I will go for one of the cameras with a spot function,
> now that you mention it.

Of the new ones, I like the looks of the Stylus 100 Wide.  The lens is
28-100mm.  I don't know why one wants to go longer than 100-105 with
these cameras, but wider is better IMHO.

> I note your points on coaching your wife ;-).  I borrowed a MjuII to
> show my wife and the main problem was that she wears spectacles and
> finds it difficult to frame shots;  she has an Infinity Twin which I
> bought her in San Francisco in 1989 and which poses her less of a
> problem.  Have you any suggestions to resolve this problem?

Contact lenses?  My wife wears glasses part of the time.  I haven't
heard of a problem.

Personally, I think it's an excuse.  She's satisfied and doesn't need a
change even to something better.  Mine's the same and won't use the
IS-50 I bought her.

But she's gotten quite good with the Stylus 35-70 zoom.  She's mastered
the focus lock and fills the frame.  I sometimes look at what I got and
prefer hers!  The ultimate humbling experience.

Joel W.