[OM] Re: 40mm pancake - Now- OM-2S For Sale

Subject: [OM] Re: 40mm pancake - Now- OM-2S For Sale
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 06:27:50 EDT
Thank you, John, I didn't realize they'd do it. I live right near Essex, and
they've done a couple of lenses for me for $50 each, with a 2-day turnaround,
so, I've been happy with them. So it all depends on what they say. Could you
give me Tokina's address that you sent the lens to? I have a few Tokinas, and
it may be necessary one day to use their service.

Thanks
George

 jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Depending on where you are in the US.  You might consider sending the
Tokina to well Tokina.  I bought several weeks ago a Tokina 70-200 2.8 that
I did not inspect quite closely enough as it had some internal fogging due
I believe to grease coming off some of the internal zoom mechanism.  I
contacted Tokina and they said that standard cleaning for that lens was
only $58.00  +$8.00 for shipping John Gettis