[OM] Re: scanning print negatives and scanner exposure inconsi

Subject: [OM] Re: scanning print negatives and scanner exposure inconsistencies
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:51:38 -0700
joel-wilcox@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Unfortunately, in my experience with Vuescan only "white balance" or rarely
>"auto" is good for anything.  If you can't get one of those to work, you're
>cooked. You'll have to correct color elsewhere.

Well, that's not my experience. I find that the Neutral setting is often
best for my images. I know you have an older version of Vuescan, so I
don't know if these options work the same as on mine. I also don't know
if you have the individual color adjustments. The histograms show the
individual colors as well as the average luminance and colors can be
adjusted. I don't usually do that, preferring to get close in Viewscan
and finish up in PS, but the options are there and work in Viewscan. You
may not have the curve adjustment settings either.

Moose