[OM] Re: another bag question

Subject: [OM] Re: another bag question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 20:42:19 -0700
Suppose that could have anything to do with the fact that he never
reached the heights of fame AA did?? :-)

I often agree with him. That's one of the reasons I keep hesitating over
DSLRs. So many of them are so darn big. Even the E-1 seems awfully big
next to an OM. My first impression when I picked one up was clearly
"This is too big and heavy!" I know my willingness to carry a camera
varies in some sort of complex inverse fashion with weight and size.
When I'm going out to DO PHOTOGRAPHY* it's not much problem, but when
going out and about or traveling, there seems to be some magic
size/weight point for camera and ancillaries beyond which they don't go
along very often.

The only DSLR that seems a nice size and weight is the *istD, and I
really have no urge to go there. OM mount might be a theoretical
possibility, but not likely a reality. And the 300D is probably next in
line, but I dunooo.........

Moose

*maybe that should be "commit photography". :-)