[OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #278

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #278
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 23:30:29 -0800

>From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] Re: Trip to the big city - looking at cameras
>Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:42:03 +1100
>

>Already hosted by WayneH - about to post the link.
>Steven turned up with a D60, 1D and some serious glass and no Oly at
>all. He says the Mike Veglia called him a Canon enabler. He may have
>liked the E1 but he ain't got one!
>Andrew

If Oly would like to give me an E-1 to use, I would use one happily.
Especially with that 300/2.8 and 150/2! But if it were my dollars, I
would spend the dough on more serious L glass. The MotoGP made me
realize how much glass you need for shooting the big bike boyz. I
used a  Canon 600/4 L IS for most of Saturday and Sunday, and half of
that was with the 1.4X tele on to give me 840 mm on the lens! It was
nice that C*n*n was there to support the photographers.

Also, I want a 20D, but what I need worse is a new Mac...mine is
almost 6 years old. About to pull the trigger on a new G5 1.8 Ghz
Dual.

-Stephen.

--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!