[OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #278

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #278
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 23:43:05 -0800

>From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] Re: Trip to the big city - looking at cameras
>Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:38:56 +1100
>

>And when in Sydney he made very good sense as to why we should consider that
>20D thing. I'm now desparately trying to fill rather than pilfer the penny
>jar. Mind you, while I'm happy to be corrected about the comparison between
>weights of 10D's and Lee Enfields I'm pretty sure that with some of
>Stephen's Can*n lenses the kilos approach that of a Bren gun! (Of course
>Natchos were in 1954 :)
>
>John,
>Sydney, Oz.

Yeah, that older Series 1 300/2.8 L is a bit on the heavy side, but
it's super clean, and sure does make beautiful, sharp images. And for
what I paid for it, something of a Fang. And let's be fair...it's
weight is more like an M1 Garand than a Bren gun. Oly made some
pretty dang heavy lenses too, Mike V's 350/2.8 is more akin to a Bren
gun, and he was happy to put it down to use my 300/2.8 when I lent it
to him at the Monterey Historic races...

Cheers,
Stephen.

--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!