[OM] Re: Re: Re: Another flash question, I'm afraid

Subject: [OM] Re: Re: Re: Another flash question, I'm afraid
From: "Andreas Pirner" <AndreasPirner@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:13:32 +0100

´Simon Worby wrote:
> Do you mean that the flash would ignore the quench signal on
> Auto, or that the camera would not send the quench signal (I
> presume the former since I think that the camera doesn't "know"
> anything about the flash unit)?

True. The camera does not know.

> I believe someone told me that the "full auto control by OM2"
> setting is actually just full-power flash which is quenched early
> by the camera. Would I then be right in thinking that also on
> both "manual" settings the camera will quench the flash early if
> it sees fit? And that there is thus no way of forcing full flash
> power on manual with T-series on hot shoe 3/4?

Piers says it precisely and long. In short:
Flash set to manual + OM2(n) set to auto = TTL/OTF quench
Flash set to manual + OM2(n) set to manu = full flash blast
(or reduced blast, according to slider setting)

Flash set to any auto + OM2(n) set to whatever = flash auto
(but no firing, if shutter speed faster than 1/60 sec).

> (BTW, I am heading somewhere on this...)

Where are you heading?

Andreas