[OM] Re: Olympus to Compete

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus to Compete
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 10:41:58 EST

In a message dated 11/24/2004 8:55:43 AM Central Standard Time,
wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Olympus  looks like it plans to seriously compete with pricing the E-1
at $999 with  kit lens according to _http://www.dpreview.com/_
(http://www.dpreview.com/) .

Don't get too excited boys and girls. What he meant to say was the e-300
with the 14-45mm lens.  It is great that Olympus is stepping on to the  playing
field and this should generate some activity in sales and interest in  this
system.  When they start selling bodies only on the e-300, there will  probably
be one heading to my house.  For any OMers out there on the fence,  this is a
great opportunity to give digital a chance to win you over.  Some  may never
look back.  I haven't bailed on film, but I haven't shot a heck  of a lot of it
lately.  While stuck on the runway in Denver trying to  get to a very wet
Houston, I broke out the e-1 and fired off 30 or 35  shots of the sunset,
planes
going by and such (a good number of rather  abstract images, which I've been
doing of late).  The images would still be  uncaptured if I was shooting film,
as I wouldn't have spent the money to get  them processed and I wouldn't have
carried my camera with film in it through the  x-ray equipment.  This is just
one example of how digital expands ones  possibilities.  Two things I will
share about my e-1 kit are that it is  insured and it is always in the car
where I
spend a tremendous amount of  time.  I am shooting more now and enjoying it
more.  e-1 money was, in  my case, money well spent.  I imagine the same will
be said by many  who invest some in an e-300.  Bill  Barber