[OM] Teleconverter: mount it before/with the lens?

Subject: [OM] Teleconverter: mount it before/with the lens?
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 16:59:04 +0100
I remember having read somewhere that a teleconverter should be
mounted on the camera first, then the lens on the teleconverter, to
ensure proper coupling. However, I do not see any difference in the
speed displayed in the viewfinder, whether I mount the teleconverter
first, then the lens, or the teleconverter-lens combo in one piece.
And intend using this lens most of the time with the teleconverter,
that would avoid me fiddling with the caps.

What would you say is _the right way_ (hmmm, let's limit the
discussion to the right way for teleconverter mounting, right?) - if
there is any ?

Bernard