[OM] Re: FL flashes and the E-1; was which macro flash?

Subject: [OM] Re: FL flashes and the E-1; was which macro flash?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:52:00 EST

In a message dated 12/10/2004 7:59:54 PM Central Standard Time,
jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

O how  the mighty are fallen!  Seriously, Chris, congratulations.  I know
you'll enjoy it, and it won't turn you against the good old OM. You'll  love
'em as much or more.

As I do, now off to run a bit of  Kodachrome through the OM-4 with the help
of a T-8 and some other  bits,

Joel W.

Pardon me while I step into your conversation.  I just got the T-8  flash
from Henry's today and after getting the go ahead from several list  members
and
Olympus tech service slapped it on my e-1 with a 90mm f2 OM Zuiko  and made
some pictures of the 135mm f4.5 Macro I'm getting ready to put on  ebay.  So
everything is manual, however for this type of work (macro on a  tripod) so
what.
 Set the camera on manual, focused, closed it down to f8,  made my exposure,
looked at the histogram and adjusted according to what the  histogram said.
Once set up the remainder of the shots where even  easier.  Only two words come
to mind about this marriage between the old  and the new and they are, "Kick
Butt."  What a set up.  Am I excited  or what?  The e-1 has been a real
pleasure to use and this is going to make  it even more fun.  Bill Barber