[OM] Re: Vivitar 550FD M/P/O discussion

Subject: [OM] Re: Vivitar 550FD M/P/O discussion
From: Lawrence Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 18:32:10 -0500
This is my field usage report:

I got a Vivitar 550FD with an OM-PC, I think in 1985, and have
never had any problems with it or cameras using it.  I have
used it on  OM-1, OM-PC, OM-2n, 35RC, and a Pentax KM
(mechanical, non-TTL like an OM-1).  I have also used it
off-camera in TTL mode on the 2n with a TTL cord using the T20
adapter.  I picked up a T20 relatively recently, but its size
advantage doesn't make up for its lack of bounce capability,
and I rarely use it.

Other than the ability to use a Bounce Grip 2's battery pack
and a different Guide Number, I don't see what a T32 would
give me that  I don't already get from the 550.