[OM] Re: A Stupid Question (on topic, kinda)

Subject: [OM] Re: A Stupid Question (on topic, kinda)
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:00:28 -0700
At 08:40 AM 12/01/2005, you wrote:

>Garth wrote:
>...Find yourself a large, heavy-duty plastic bag...
>
>DOH...
>Maybe I should surrender my engineering diploma...I always pride myself
>for being able to find solutions.  This Christmas brake I built a
>beautiful fireplace mantel using a screwdriver, drill and a hammer only...
>I think with this method I would be almost safe from the salt in the air,
>my main concern and now I just need to have a trade study on
>features.  Thank you sooo much.

[snip]

Er, you're welcome.  No big deal.  I thought I came up with the idea
myself, but was probably subconsciously influenced by ideas like changing
bags.  If a bag can protect from light, why not sand?

One caveat: I have noticed that the bag needs to be deep enough to prevent
semi-vacuum/vortex effects of the wind from swirling dust/grit into the bag
far enough to reach your precious gear.  The bags I've made generally go up
to my elbows *after* I've allowed enough room for my gear.

Garth