[OM] Re: Eyecup 1 Question

Subject: [OM] Re: Eyecup 1 Question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 07:29:13 -0500
I have  an eyecup 1 and would like to add a corrective lens to it.
There is  a plastic peice that screws in to hold the corrective lens in
place.   Does this peice come with the eyecup or the diopter  lens?
By now you know that the missing retaining ring is a problem.  No Oly
spare parts but I think there is a solution.

I don't have an eycup 1 but I do have some third party teardrop shaped
eyecups that I prefer.  The teardrop shape does a better job of
shielding the light.  These teardrop shaped eye cups accept the standard
round Oly correction lenses which are 19mm diameter.  I think many
cameras of the OM-1/2 era also used 19mm diameter correction lenses as a
standard.  I suspect they were all made by a non-OEM producer.

If it were me and the eyecup 1's retaining ring was missing, I'd throw
away the eyecup 1 and buy a third party teardrop eyecup.  However, if
you prefer the eyecup 1 I'd be willing to bet the price of a good pint
of brew that the retaining rings of these two eyecups are compatible.

Chuck Norcutt