[OM] Re: REAL photographers use film!

Subject: [OM] Re: REAL photographers use film!
From: Glenn Stauffer <alaxsxaq@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:08:38 -0500
On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:52:11 -0400, Wayne Culberson
<waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As to the cost of the film itself, I often find pretty good bargains on
> film. After ranting a day or so ago about not shooting Kodachrome any more,
> yesterday I was at the good old salvage store in the US, Mardens, and found
> a bunch of Kodachrome 64 in 24 exp for $0.99 a roll.  So I have a question
> or need an informed opinion, How long can I safely expect to keep this stuff
> around before it becomes too late to get K-14 developing anymore?

I would not wait too long.  In the US, there is only one place left
that handles Kodachrome, Dwayne's Photo in Kansas.  Send the film to
Kodak or take it to a local photo store and it will go to Dwayne's. My
local pro shop charged me $10 for the last roll I sent off.

Another processor is Rocky Mountain Film Lab in Colorado, but they
charge about $23 per roll.

Glenn