[OM] A brief rambling on digital imaging, Barry's old truck and other st

Subject: [OM] A brief rambling on digital imaging, Barry's old truck and other stuff . . .
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:46:15 EST
As most know I am a member of a photography society and have encouraged
others on the list to look at the possibilty such organizations might have for
them.  In this case it happens to be Houston Photographic Society and their
website is hpsonline.org.  The reason I mention this is I invite you to  visit
the site and take a look at the members galleries.  This is a new  feature this
year and we only have about 10% of our members with online  galleries at this
point.  These are small files, which open very quickly  and being small leave
a little to be desired from a quality standpoint.

An ongoing conversation, which has had a bit of life the last few days, is
one of what can digital do better than film.  Although some may not like  the
images, my current gallery will, to some degree, answer that  question.

These galleries are a "quick read" and I would encourage you to take a look
at all of them.  The photographers are people who come from a variety  of
vocational backgrounds, which include professional photographer, medical
doctor,
O.R. nurse, geophysics professor, prison shop supervisor, engineer,  medical
school professor, insurance agent and so on. All do a pretty good  job behind a
camera.

I mentioned Barry's truck.  Take a look at Colin Zelt's work and you  can see
what he does with old trucks.  He has done a whole series on  them.  He does
some beautiful work as do the others.   Bill  Barber