[OM] Re: Walks : Furtho Northamptonshire

Subject: [OM] Re: Walks : Furtho Northamptonshire
From: "GeeBee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:03:58 -0000
Hi Piers,

Thanks for the info. Before I posted the shots I 'Googled' Furtho to try for
a little more information to beef up the text but I either missed or didn't
get the British History site. The other sources that came up were very brief
and were more genealogical than historical. There is a plaque naming the
church as a British Heritage site so I thought they were responsible for the
church being very sound structurally. Thanks again for the information and
the link,  I have bookmarked British History for future use. Thanks for
looking.

--Graham

From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>

> Thanks for a facinating diversion Graham.  I didn't know of Furtho, so had
> look to see what I could find.  You thank English Heritage for the repairs
> to the church - but it looks like the credit is due to others, with a
> fascinating bit of history attached.
>
> http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.asp?compid=22783 provides a
detailed
> history of Furtho from 1086 onwards, and mentions that "the trustees
> appointed by Edmund Arnold's will took over the Furtho estate ... in
January