[OM] Re: OT: Tilley Hats, was OM1 light meter

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Tilley Hats, was OM1 light meter
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:34:29 +0000
I was puzzled by that review.  The guy must be part polar bear.  The jacket is
very light, and the lining, which is in the body only, is a lightweight
flannel.  I'm no haberdasher, but I would guess it's about 6 oz. per yard.  The
jacket is great for layering, and I've been wearing mine quite comfortably in
30 and 40F weather.

The Filson gear is great, but it's way too much for my environment.  Although I
venture northward from Atlanta into the Smoky Mountains occasionally in the
winter, and sometimes way up into Virginia or Pennsylvania, I rarely encounter
temperatures much below the Fahrenheit teens, so I don't need gear that heavy.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --