[OM] Quick test - was: Re: Re: Vignetting on digital 50-200

Subject: [OM] Quick test - was: Re: Re: Vignetting on digital 50-200
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:40:24 -0600
FWIW, I set the 50-200 on a tripod and shot test shots of a map at 50, 70, 100,
150, and 200 at f/22, f/8, and wide open. All used the shade, FL50 flash, auto
focus, and aperture priority exposure. I didn't see the vignetting I saw on my
shots from last weekend. I also tried shots at 83mm, and didn't see vignetting.

At this point, I'm going to assume that whether it was an askew hood or some
other factor, the vignetting was an anomalous event. The white balance and
focus weren't consistent through all of the shots, but I attribute that to the
fact that I basically set the camera on full auto and rattled off a bunch of
quick shots.

--
Barry B. Bean
Bean & Bean Cotton Company