[OM] Re: ?? Mid-tele zoom w/49mm filters??

Subject: [OM] Re: ?? Mid-tele zoom w/49mm filters??
From: Mark Marr-Lyon <mark.marrlyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 22:02:21 -0600
I think the Cosina 70-210 is actually a bit better optically than its
reputation would imply.  According to Gary's test data, it's a solid B
lens with a few A's at the short end and no C's at all.  I'm not
saying it's a great lens, since there is some pretty noticable
pincushion distortion in the middle focal lengths, but it's not as bad
of a lens as the Cosina 35-70.  Its advantages are that it is
lightweight, one-touch, and inexpensive.  Its disadvantages are that
it is plasticky, has zoom creep, and is cheap-feeling.  It also has a
rotating front element, and takes oddball (for Oly) 52mm filters.  I
sometimes take it backpacking, where the light weight is a big
advantage.

Mark