[OM] Re: Semi-off topic question about backup of e-1 digital files

Subject: [OM] Re: Semi-off topic question about backup of e-1 digital files
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:43:55 -0700
After wasting a huge amount of time trying to get a 250G drive to work in my
computer I can imagine some definite advantages of the external drives. I
suspect you'll be able to get a computer to read an external USB drive a lot
longer than the latest and greatest mother board will read your present
internal drive. So far I've postponed the decision by putting a Promise hard
drive controller card into my computer and mounting the hard drive
internally. I'm intending to swap the 250G drive with the 120G drive that is
already in my USB external drive to see if it can be done. If I can swap the
drives into and out of the external enclosure I'll feel there's a better
chance of saving all the data when the mother board dies.

-jeff