[OM] Re: E-1 what's the first settings you changed

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 what's the first settings you changed
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 08:27:01 EDT

In a message dated 6/12/2005 2:17:18 AM Central Standard Time,
peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I was considering getting one 2gb card and reusing my PDA's 512mb one
for emergencies when the big one is full.  I've been thinking about
using the PDA as backup, but since it only has a CF+SD slot, that
doesn't work.

Taking a laptop is a big no-no, as 1) I work on PCs  the whole time,
gimme a break :)  2) it'll be on foot all the way  from my door to where
I end up, no extra bag please and 3) I always travel  extremely light.

I've been carrying a laptop and will probably  will continue to when it is
convenient to do so, for its ability to let me use  Photoshop, email, etc.
while
on the road.  I would like to get one of the  small storage devices with a
screen, however have not done so yet.  I  have a 2gd, two 1gb and a 512mb card,
which work fairly well for my style of  shooting.  My thought on cards has
tended to move more to favoring a  pocket full of 512mb cards as opposed to the
larger cards for two  reasons.  The first being that it is a size that will fit
easily on a CD  and the second being that if you are in some remote location
without a  computer and should have a need to recue some images from your
card, you will  not have lost the use of a large card until you get back to
your
computer and  its rescue software.  I had this happen once while on a week trip
with a  new laptop on to which I had not loaded the rescue software.  At that
 time I was operating with two 1gb cards, so one of them was out of
commission until I got home.

 Bill  Barber