[OM] Re: Is Olympus going bankrupt? Am I a creditor?

Subject: [OM] Re: Is Olympus going bankrupt? Am I a creditor?
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:54:48 +0000
I think the issue brought up then was interstate sellers to collect sales,
which meant they'd have to keep up with the rates in 50 different states, plus
innumerable local option, extra penny taxes.  The sales/use tax thing we've
been talking about is not based on HOW you got it, just THAT you got it, and
they want their drop of blood.  It applies across the board: phone, mail,
internet, or even if you bought it in Vermont, where there is no sales tax, and
drove home with it.

At least, that's my take on it.

Walt

--