[OM] Re: [[ Am I going to regret my choice?

Subject: [OM] Re: [[ Am I going to regret my choice?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 20:03:06 -0700
Brian Swale wrote:

>I notice it has a lot less WB options than the E-300, and a few other menu
>options have been reduced as well.

Ever the pessimist, eh?

Did you look at the specs? They did indeed drop from 8 presets to 7.
That qualifies as a lot? Hardly a big deal on a camera which allows very
fine tuning of each setting and saving custom settings.

More interesting is that they have changed the color temps on some
settings. Possibly a fine tuning based on actual field results and user
feedback?

AND, they have made the fine tuning more flexible by going to two axis
adjustment, vs. the simple temp adjustment on the E-300.

I thought you liked Oly. Why bad mouth apparent improvements in a snap
judgement based on some kind of cursory look at simple "number of
whatever" features?

Not advocating for or against any camera, just for fairness in comments
based on specs.

Moose