[OM] Re: Slide viewers/projectors?

Subject: [OM] Re: Slide viewers/projectors?
From: "Darin Rhein" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 06:58:33 -0700

> Whoa!  This is different.  These days when a sentence starts with the
> phrase, "I'm planning to make the switch . . . " the word "digital"
> usually follows shortly thereafter.

Yeah, I thought of that as I was typing it, but I'm still pretty new to
photography,
and can't justify the cost of a digital camera. Besides, I've always been
partial to
doing things the  "old-fashion way", I like to think of myself as somewhat
of an
anachronism. Furthermore, I really like my OM's, and Zuiko's!

> At this point, almost all slide viewers and projectors can be had for
> reasonable prices.  Demand is low and supply high as people switch to
> digital and no longer need 'em.  Even high end Kodak projectors can be
> had for US$100 or less.  The better Leica models are a bit more
> expensive.
>
> FWIW/ScottGee1

Any idea what parts availability would be like for older projectors?
Are any of the cheaper, say $50 or less, types worth messing with?

Thanks, Darin