[OM] Re: composition and how it changes perceived meaning of a photo

Subject: [OM] Re: composition and how it changes perceived meaning of a photo
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 11:09:00 +0100
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> And then you can get into a discussion about the ethical relativity
> of lies of omission, lies of comission, lies to a good purpose, etc.
> and that's before we get into a discussion about whether such a thing
> as the 'truth' exists - the writer of the article makes an unexamined
> assumption that it does - I'd disagree.
> AndrewF
>

> On 01/10/2005, at 1:17 PM, iddi wrote:
>

>>interesting point the author makes; for you trekkies, as picard
>>says, a
>>lie of omission is still a lie. not meaning to be political.

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

And the writer indulges himself. "Naive teenagers" certainly exist, but I have
met any number of teenagers in France, Luxembourg and other continental
countries who are anything but naive, and have heard African and Palestinian
teenagers in conversation who conceded nothing to older analysts in terms of
lucid and penetrating insights.

Methinks everyone who pens an opinion has some sort of agenda... me included.

D.