[OM] Re: Looking for a TAmron 80-200mm f2.8? Take a look at ebay# 755314

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking for a TAmron 80-200mm f2.8? Take a look at ebay# 7553144069
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:36:58 -0400
Does the barrel/front element of the Tamron rotate when focusing?  If
not, that's a difference because it does on the Tokina.

I tested the last copy I had of the Tokina pretty rigorously because I
needed to know if another option I was considering was worth the price
increase.  The Tokina did well on the shorter end but deteriorated
significantly as it was zoomed toward 200mm.

That said, it's a well constructed lens and feels very solid.  Had it
performed better optically on the long end I would have chosen it over
the more expensive option.  Unfortunately I find myself shooting that
range of zoom long and near wide open a lot.

FWIW/ScottGee1