[OM] Re: [Kinda OT] Viewing images on a laptop as you shoot

Subject: [OM] Re: [Kinda OT] Viewing images on a laptop as you shoot
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 08:04:17 -0800
On 11/8/05 8:47 PM, "Winsor Crosby" <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can sort of understand shooting tethered in a studio and maybe wifi
> for a sport shooter in a venue with wireless networking to the
> internet for instant transferring pictures to a publication, but
> adding a computer to shooting for anything else is just
> incomprehensible to me.

My main interest, when shooting interiors, is seeing the images large enough
that I can check focus throughout the frame, and look for the odd stray lamp
cord, reflection of camera and/or photographer in polished surfaces, camera
bag, lens cap, etc that doesn't show up until you get back to the studio and
look at it on your computer monitor...then requiring lots of Photoshop
tweaking to remove....don't ask how I know!

Otherwise, yah, no way I'd add even more complexity and weight to the
process.

Rob in Seattle