[OM] Re: Back on the list (OT)

Subject: [OM] Re: Back on the list (OT)
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 14:43:32 +1100
> Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Here in Oz it's referred to as being 'retrenched' which sounds
> a bit agricultural.

...and funny because, to be retrenched, I'd need to have
been trenched before, and I thought that came later...last,
in fact.

> personally, I'd rather get laid - that is what you said
> wasn't it?

Easy there, big boy.

> The English speaking world seems to have standardised now
> on that awful Orwellian expression 'downsized' - with the
> result that there are a lot of redundant midgets wandering
> around.

I resemble that remark! (I'm 5'7" - it's just my legs that
are short)

> I'm about to 'retire' so I'm working on a raft of interesting
> paying activities of course. The reviewing is one. The pay
> sucks but the fringe benefits are awesome.

Will they directly credit your account, so you don't have
to find two consecutive parking spots out the front of banks
for your caravan while you're on your way north, Mr. Grey
Nomad, sir?

Cheers,
Marc