[OM] Re: Solar eclipse photo advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Solar eclipse photo advice
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 21:12:36 +0100
Hello Piers,

Good luck photographing the eclipse.

I tried to do the same in 1999 and went to Germany for it. I had the bad
luck of totally overcast weather during the whole process of the
eclipse. We could see about 30% coverage for about 20 seconds and that
was about it for the day :-(( I sincerely hope things will turn out
better for you. So I am sorry that I cannot give you any advice from my
own experience. Operating two photo and one video camera at the same
time does seem a bit ambitious though. I would not dare to try that.
Please let us know how things went for you.

Wiliam